Teaching Resources: Economic Development
This curricula, for high school or college students, introduces them to economic development and social enterprise. Use this curriculum as a springboard into community involvement and service learning.
Lessons on Development and Challenges of Economic Prosperity
Use the following materials to help students learn about the United Nations Sustainable
Development Goals, and consider ways they can act entrepreneurially to create change
in their local communities or around the globe. Activities include simulations, deep
discussions, and research using resources such as YouTube and TED Talks.
- Economic Development Overview
- Choices - Economic Development Factors
- Economic Development - Use and Allocation of Resources
- Production - What How and for Whom
- Alternatives - Achieving Desired Outcomes
- National Content Standards and Frameworks